The Darla Moore Foundation recently partnered with the Meeting Street Scholarship Fund to create an opportunity to receive up to $40,000 in college scholarships. This philanthropic commitment by The Darla Moore Foundation expands the Meeting Street Scholarship Fund beyond Charleston County to include eight additional SC counties in the Pee Dee.
"With a shared mission of expanding access to quality higher education in South Carolina, partnering with the amazing Meeting Street Scholarship Fund was an obvious choice for our Foundation, says Darla Moore, the founder of The Darla Moore Foundation. "We know higher education is a key element for success later in life and the cost a college degree grows every year. We must make higher education available to every deserving student who wants it, but without burdening them with student loan debt far into their adulthood.
The scholarship application became available on November 15th on the Meeting Street Scholarship fund website at meetingstreetscholarshipfund.org.
2022 high school graduates, and later, who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for and receive the scholarship:
- Reside in one of the following counties: Charleston, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Lee, Marion, Marlboro, or Williamsburg
- Graduate in 2022 from a public high school or eligible charter high school located in one of the above counties
- Earn a SC LIFE or Palmetto Fellows Scholarship
For SC LIFE Scholarship, must meet two the following three requirements:
- Earn at least a 3.0 GPA in high school
- Score at least 1100 on SAT or 24 on ACT
- Rank in the top 30% of their graduating class
- Qualify for Federal Pell Grant by completing FASFA
- Attend one of the eligible SC colleges and university.
"The Meeting Street Scholarship Fund is perfecting aligned with The Darla Moore Foundation's mission and goals," said Harry Lesesne, The Darla Moore Foundation's executive director. "The Foundation is dedicated to improving the quality of life of people in the Pee Dee region of South Carolina. This scholarship will do exactly that."
Learn more about the scholarship, check out their website at meetingstreetscholarshipfund.org